- Patient Care. Companion with patients in homes or facilities, provide respite for caregivers.
- Bereavement. Bereavement visits, phone calls, dropping off candle and note, sewing Memory Bears.
- Advance Care Planning. Lead community presentations, assist with forms.
- Veteran Care. Visit patients in homes or the VA facility in Rifle, honor Veterans with appreciation certificates. To visit the Veterans’ Home in Rifle you will need to complete their additional requirements.
- Certified Massage Therapy
- Licensed Pet Therapy
The following volunteers do not require specialized training:
- Special Events Support. Help with fundraising events, health fairs, etc.
- Handyman. Install our wheelchair ramp, minor construction projects, leaf raking, yard cleanup, etc.
- Crafts. Sew ornaments for Hearts of Remembrance events, create Twiddlemuffs/pillows for dementia patients.
- Office Support. Help put together packets for admission, advance care planning, bereavement.
TUCK-IN CALLERS NEEDED
Our new Tuck-in program is designed to maximize the role of the volunteer in assisting other team members to operate more effectively and efficiently. In this program, volunteers make weekly phone calls to patients/caregivers to assure that they have necessary supplies, medications, and/or support for the weekends. That information is then relayed to the appropriate case manager to enable them to act on meeting the specific needs of patients and caregivers.
Space will be provided for you at either our Glenwood Springs main office location, or in our Edwards Branch at the Shaw Cancer Center.
1-3 hours, every Thursday
Fill out the Volunteer Application if you’d like to be a part of this new program, or call for more information!
One of the things that sets Hospice of the Valley apart is that we have close to 100 local volunteers across our service area who graciously give their time to our organization.
If you would like to serve Hospice of the Valley as a volunteer please complete the Volunteer Application, above. There are many ways to contribute – direct patient care, bereavement support, advance care planning, special event support, handyman tasks, sewing Memory Bears and ornaments, and office support.
After a patient visit, please fill out the activity report, above. These may be as succinct or as detailed as you wish. Reports are secure once sent, and go directly to the Volunteer Coordinator.
Please complete the form, above, to update your information in our records so that we may match you with the best fit in terms of your volunteer interests.
Volunteer Manual and Other Resources (password access only)
Online manual, required forms, competency quizzes, webinars and suggested reading. For applicants and current volunteers.
Please take a few minutes to let us know how your experience has been volunteering with us. Provide feedback on current programming, offer suggestions for improvement and let us know what types of training and continuing education you’d like to see us provide.